I had wanted to meet this guy a few weeks ago, but never drew up the courage to ask to meet him. I had heard and followed his progress, through the word of mouth from a friend of mine. And now that he's passed, I regret not asking to meet him.
But from all of this, Randy taught me this lesson. It should be a lesson that we can all learn from.
While he lived, he gave his life to Jesus Christ, and did what he could to live for him. He gave his life to Christ, giving Him, his all. The fact that he's gone, tells me this.
We need to give our all to God. Doing what we can to serve Him. We have to be willing to step out of our comfort zones, to do what God would have us to do. We can't always sit on the sidelines, and hope someone else will pick up the slack. Randy eventually got to the point where he needed help. And while he couldn't do what he normally would, other families and friends of Randy, went behind him and picked up the slack that he physically could not do.
We will miss Randy. But we can know that he is in a better place, with God. No more pain and suffering latch on to him. Only joy and the goodness of God will be with him for the rest of time.
To Randy: I'm sorry I never got the opportunity to meet you. I know you went through some difficult things. And even though you are with the Lord, I still will miss you. Even though I never did get to meet you, I still consider you as my friend. I can't wait, when I get to Heaven to finally put a face behind the name. So long Randy Anderson. Rest, in God's wonderful peace. See you soon!!
So...what will you do? Will you give it all to God? Are you willing to go through rough times that you'll face as a follower of Jesus Christ? Will you help someone who needs help? Think about it. Make your decision. But understand that your decision will mean Eternal Life, or Eternal Death. Choose it wisely.
Also, please pray for the friends and families close to Randy. They are going to need prayer to get them through this. And also pray, for some friends have to make some major decisions/changes since Randy's passing.
No comments:
Post a Comment