"I walk outside in my big hoodie...look down at the dog, and look back to my ipod, get my music going, and start walking. Thoughts, start to scream through my head. Ah, yeah, thoughts of the weather, and the upcoming holidays starts coming in. Yep, that colder weather sure gets you into the holiday mood...especially when the weather is in the low 50's..."
(Time passes, to the next day)
"I walk outside in a pair of shorts and a T-shirt...look down at the dog, and look back to my ipod, get my music going, and start walking. Thoughts start to scream through my head. Ah yeah, thoughts of the weather....and how ridiculous it is. I can't believe it...it was in the 50's yesterday, and today, it's in the upper 70's."
Welcome to Oklahoma.
Where you live in either Hell, or Antarctica.
Well, now that we got that all out of the way, let's move on. It's true though, now is the time of the year when I start to think about the holidays. Specifically Christmas, and ThanksGiving...in that order. Now your probably thinking, what on earth is he doing thinking about Christmas in October?! And for that my friends, I have a good answer for you. The reason why is, I'm the party man. I'm the holiday man. I'm the decorator man! And because I love to decorate for the holidays, I start my planning of how the Christmas lights will go outside, and when to put them up and things like that...all in October! Okay, I admit it..I'm responsible for the outside Christmas decorations. But hey! I love doing it!! I always look forward to putting up the decorations, and listening to music...AND DRINKING EGGNOG!!! (Aw yeah!! Eggnog!! Anyone like eggnog out there?)
Did I mention, I turn my radio to the All-Christmas Radio Station the first of November!!
(Hey, I love Christmas music, and I want to listen to it as much as I possibly can, I mean, after all, it only airs once a year!!)
Did I also mention that I start trying to make plans with who to have ThanksGiving with...and who to do Christmas with...even though most of the time, I get told: "it's too early to make plans with anyone Josh!". So? I don't care, I'm gonna still start making plans, for the holidays..if I can. :-)
I'm just going to say this...the last three months of the year are the best. Each month has a holiday, and the weather starts getting cooler...and it gets to being a happy time of the year!
"Okay, so lets see here, we're gonna need some Christmas lights for this part of the house, and the blow-up with go there, and then the Christmas lights in the bushes, of course...."
First off, great post! My favorite part was "you either live in Hell Antarctica". hehe
ReplyDeleteLove eggnog!
Hate Christmas music.
You can have thanksgiving with us!
Thanks!!
ReplyDeleteWoot!! Another eggnog lover!!
Why do you hate Christmas music?
I want to have ThanksGiving with yall!!