(Note: the stuff you're about to read, not all of my friends or family (I think) know about.)
Thursday the 5th of April 2012, I find myself at my Martial Arts class, it's the second our of the class, and I'm sitting in an orange chair with my head arms. I try to relax as the pain in my left eye increases: I have a headache. I can't seem to get comfortable, and finally our class is over. We go home and I get into the shower trying again to relax and open my sinuses. I does help a little bit, but I start thinking about how all this got started. I remember back 11 years ago, when I was 5.
We had just moved to our new house and we were settling in. That's when it started. My parents had noticed I was starting to bruise easily, one evening my mom was out of the house, and I was running through the hallway, when I cut my foot on a toy motorcycle. My dad went about as usual with washing the area with water, and blotting it dry, we were in the bathroom for almost an hour, and my foot hadn't stopped bleeding. My dad called my mom, and told her what was happening, and they both got concerned. I don't fully know how I was diagnosed, but I do remember finding out, I had
Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (or ITP). A blood disease, where you're blood does not clot like normal. It takes much longer than normal for the platelets in your blood to clot. I again do not remember all the details, but I remember getting signed up at OU Children's Hospital, for some sort of testing/curing program, to figure out the disease.
Every Tuesday, I would go up to the hospital, and get my blood drawn, they monitored me and some other patients, to do some experimental cures/tests. I was, still bruising, and going back and forth from the hospital. Then came that day.......I was complaining about my head hurting to my mom, she gave me some pain medication, but my headache only got worse. It later got to the point where I was in so much pain, my mom took me to the hospital where I usually get treated. My whole head was throbbing from the biggest migraine I've ever gotten. Mom pulled into the parking garage, and as soon as I step out of the car, I bend over and vomit by the car. My eyes hurt from the sun, the loud street didn't help, but hinder. We got inside, I was very pale and my lips were chapped, mom signed me in and I laid down, with my head in her lap. Right as we got called to the back, I stood up, and vomited again on the floor of the waiting room. We were ushered into the room with a hippo table, and was place on it and laid down. My mom, was discussing my problem with the doctor, when the doctor resolved to get me something for the pain. She gave me this red liquid, and seconds later, it was on the floor of the "Hippo" room. Everything is foggy until I find myself in a wheelchair, with a needle in my arm attached to a bag of fluid, still pale and in pain.
I don't remember anything after that, but throughout 2001, we went back and forth to hospital. We at one point had a Praise Party For Jesus, thanking him and believing that he would heal me. And in 2002, we got the news that I no longer had ITP. We were so happy and thanking God for healing me....but no-one expected that I would spend a lot of the next 7 years in my bed......
Wow..that's an awesome story! Thanks for posting this.
ReplyDelete