I walk into the living room, stop and look around. With a big sigh, I go and sit on the couch. I think back to when we put up our Christmas decorations in December, and how great they looked on the inside and the outside of the house. I loved the house. But now, with the decorations down, the house looks empty and plain. the fact that yesterday (February 13th) when we took them down....okay, okay, I know what you all are thinking. Who are these crazy people, that left their Christmas decorations until February?! But tell you what......ah never mind.
So yesterday, I was on my computer, and my mom came up to me, said something, bent down to kiss me on the forehead, and all of a sudden...BZZZTT!!! My mom gets shocked on her:
A) Her lip,
B) Her nose,
C) Her tooth,
D) Her eye
If you said: C) her tooth, you would be correct!! Another one of the ways, that only my mom, can accomplish.
Not only that, but that evening, OUR DOG FARTED IN THE KITCHEN!!!! And (gag, gag, gag) it stunk terribly, I was in the living room and I still smelled it!!! Phew-wee!!! The good-news is, we finally gave her a bath and that got rid of the (gag, gag, gag) stink!!!
And last but not least, when me and my dad put up our X-mas Decorations, in the attic, the last thing we had to put up is this huge sick-green colored trunk, (that had extra X-mas decor). I tried lifting, pushing, liftingpushingliftingpushingliftingpushingliftingpushingliftingpushingliftingpushingliftingpushing, "Josh do you need me to trade places with you?", "No dad, I got this." Liftingpushingliftingpushingliftingpushingliftingpushingliftingpushingliftingpushingliftingpushing some more,
"Josh, are you sure you don't want me to trade places?, "Dad, I'm sure, this (grunt-groan) is (groan-grunt-strain) a (strain) MANS JOB (GASP!!)!!
Ugh!!! (that's me having strained enough for the veins in my neck to bulge, and giving up as the trunk squashes me between itself and our big orange ladder). "Josh, I'm going to trade places with you." "Fine dad, fine (gasp).
So there you have it, from my mom electrocuting her tooth on my nose, to the dog farting and gagging us out, to me nearly squashing myself to death, (or maybe from me popping a vein), it all comes together. And that's part 2 of the funny stuff in life!!!
A day in the life of the Wood family..ya'll never fail to amuse me!
ReplyDeleteMy family actually didn't take down the Christmas tree a couple years ago until MARCH!! Beat that one!
Hmmm, I'm sensing some extra Christmas spirit here. ;-)
ReplyDelete