Friday, February 10, 2012

Death Is A Natural Part Of Life...

So about a week and a half ago, I was sleeping and I had this dream. In it I saw my Grandmother, she was driving a black Ford Pickup, and she was, laughing and smiling.
 I saw that she was thoroughly enjoying herself with no problems or issues. Then it ended.
I woke up and was thinking back to last years Mothers Day when we traveled as a family down to Texas, to see my Grandmother. When we got there everyone was thrilled to see each other. My Grandma, heh, she had the biggest smile of them all. She was amazed at how much me and my sister had grown. When I saw her I gave her a hug, but I had noticed that she looked quite thin. Knowing all the health issues she had been dealing with over soo many years, I was trying not to hurt her when we hugged. By the end of the weekend, I overheard my Grandfather and my dad talking. My Grandfather had tears running down his cheeks as he said: Thank you so much for coming down, I think Mama's been hanging in there for this moment, and I think her time is about to come to a close. When I heard these words, I knew he was probably right. I looked at my Grandmother and smiled, not having too many memories of her, at least I had some. We said our goodbyes got pictures of everyone and left.

Roughly two months later, my dad received a phone call from my Grandpa, saying that my Grandma had taken her final breath and gone home to be with the Lord. We immediately gathered our things, and left for her funeral early the next morning. When we were at the funeral they showed pictures of her, and our most recent pictures of her on Mothers Day. There was a service, and there were tears. For me I didn't cry (not to sound cold hearted or anything), I was personally glad and relieved. I had heard and seen her struggle through many heart attacks, strokes, and numerous surgeries. And I new that she no longer had any more pain. She could speak freely without any trouble, she could run, and dance and do all the things she couldn't do when she was ill. Sure it was hard letting her go, but it was easier knowing where she went when she passed.

To Grandma: I know you are in a more peaceful place. Having no worries down here on earth. I know you can do soo many things now. I can't wait to see you and hear your voice again. And I will see you once the Lord Jesus Christ comes back for his followers. Love you Grandma, see you soon.

2 comments:

  1. It's always tough to lose a family member, but like you said, it's part of life. Glad you're handling it so well; you totally have the right perspective going on. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, thanks. I'll have to post a picture of her soon.

    ReplyDelete